||Wythe County, VA
||21 Nov 2007 |
- "Physicians of the Ribble Family"
- born in Germany as Stophel Riebel
- eloped with Katrinka Brenckenhof
- entered country in Philadelphia
- served as surgeon during the Revolutionary War
- about 1782, moved family to Franklin County, VA and settled on Gill's Creek
- wife died there in 1792
- nine (9) children were raised, four born in Pennsylvania, and five born in VA
- Dr Christopher Ribble married Anna Maria Kegley (2nd wife) on 7 Feb 1794
- bought land in 1794 near Blacksburg, VA on Toms Creek built a home called 'Sandy Mound'
- had eight children, two of which were physicians (Henry and John)